- John Goddard Trout flies of still water (London: Adam and Charles Black, 1969, 4th edition 1979).
- John Goddard Trout flies of Britain and Europe (London: Adam and Charles Black, 1991)
- J.R. Harris An angler’s entomology (London: Bloomsbury Books, 1952, 2nd edition 1956)
- Pat O’Reilly Matching the hatch: Stillwater, river and stream (Shrewsbury, Quiller Press, 1997)
- Rupert Watson The Trout: A fisherman’s natural history (Shrewsbury: Swan Hill Press, 1993)
- Ernest G. Schwiebert Nymphs, Volume 1 – The Mayflies (Guilford CT, The Lyons Press, 2007)
- Ernest G. Schwiebert Nymphs, Volume 2 – Stonesflies, caddisflies and other important insects (Guilford CT, The Lyons Press, 2007)